Eureka! Eureka! that’s what I screamed once I tasted these eggless chocolate chip cookies. I have baked crispy and chewy variety of eggless chocolate chip cookies earlier, but hands down this is the BEST. This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks “The Joy of Vegan Baking”. I didn’t have non dairy butter and non dairy semi sweet chocolate chips, so used regular butter and semi sweet chocolate chips. Other than that I did not make any changes in the recipe. The cookies turned out awesome. Crisp around the edges and chewy in the center. Just perfect. If you want to bake eggless chocolate chip cookies, then this is the recipe you must have.
|Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Prep time: 15 Mins
Cook time: 10 Mins + Cooling Time
Yields: 3 and 1/2 Dozen Cookies
The best eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. These cookies are crisp around the edges and chewy inside, with an addictive taste.
- 2 and 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup/2 sticks Softened Butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar, (I used light)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 and 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G in place of 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons Water
- 1 and 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Nuts (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C for 15 minutes. If using a non stick pan greasing is not necessary, otherwise use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a food processor/blender whip together the egg replacer powder and water together, until it’s thick and creamy. Add this mixture to the creamed butter and sugar, combine thoroughly.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat the flour mixture into the wet mixture until it begins to form a dough.
- When it is almost thoroughly combined stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- I greased a tablespoon to scoop the dough and drop it easily onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes on the baking sheet itself. Then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely before storing.
- My first batch of cookies did not turn golden brown even after 11 minutes. I removed it anyway and noticed that the bottom was very brown. So from the second batch onwards I removed it from the oven around 9 minutes itself. Even though the cookies had a pale yellow color, they were baked enough and tasted very good. I guess using dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar would give the golden brown color.
- For vegan chocolate chip cookies use non-hydrogenated, non dairy butter and nondairy semisweet chocolate chips.
This is my 3rd entry for the Egg Replacement Event – Egg Replacer Powder hosted by me.