The vegan waffles recipe has been such a hit that my son wants it every weekend. Yes, as mentioned earlier in the spinach smoothie post, pancakes, bread and its like are reserved to weekends at our house. So my son was ecstatic when I surprised him with these vegan chocolate waffles on a Sunday morning. This recipe too is from Vegan Brunch. I did make one change though. The original recipe was for a chocolate beer waffle. So I replaced the beer with the same quantity of almond milk.
|Vegan Chocolate Waffles Recipe || || |
8 Four Inch Square Waffles
In the mood for a slice of chocolate cake? Then this vegan chocolate waffles can help you a wee bit to satify your cravings.
- 1 and 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 and 3/4 Cups Milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the instructions which came with yours.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients one by one. Mix together until well combined.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and prepare waffles as instructed in your waffle iron manual. Serve it with your choice of topping.
- These vegan chocolate waffles tasted like a “low-fat, low-sugar chocolate cake” for me. I think I would increase the quantity of vanilla extract by another teaspoon when I prepare it again.
- 3/4th cup of porter/darker beer was suggested in the original recipe, which I have replaced with almond milk. The next time I make these waffles I want to try substituting it with freshly squeezed orange juice.
- The white topping on the waffles is sweet cashew cream which is sort of a substitute for whipping cream. This recipe too is from the same book. I’m not writing the recipe here because I’m not completely satisfied with the result. The taste was definitely good but it did not firm up as much as it was mentioned in the book. So I’m going to try it again and will have to decide then whether to post the recipe or not.