I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine. This recipe was submitted by one of its readers. I'm so glad that I found this recipe because these cookies are absolutely delicious. It had the "melt in your mouth" texture, which reminded me of the butter biscuits we get in bakery shops in India. I would say that these are the best cookies I have baked so far. It's not too sweet and it also has a hint of saltiness, which is the perfect combination. Also it's so easy to put together.
Eggless Butter Pecan Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|15 Mins||12 Mins + Cooling Time||24 Cookies|
- 3/4 Cup Softened Butter (I Used 1.5 Stick Smart Balance 50/50 Unsalted Butter Blend)
- 1 Package 3.4Oz Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix (I Used Jello Brand Instant Pudding And Pie Mix)
- 1.25 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven at 375F for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and pudding mix until smooth. I used a hand held electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Fold in pecans.
- Grease a tablespoon with non stick cooking spray.
- Take a tablespoonful of dough and drop it on the baking sheet 2 inch apart.
- Flatten the dough using your fingers.
- Bake it for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Mine were perfectly done at 11 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool on the baking sheet itself for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer it to a wire cooling rack and let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
- Grease 2 baking/cookie sheets using the butter wrapper itself. This way the leftover butter on the wrapper is not wasted.
- The recipe does not need sugar. The cookies gets its sweetness from the sugar in the pudding mix. Once I prepared the dough, I tasted it and felt that it was not sweet enough. I was so tempted to add some sugar. But I'm really happy that I did not do it, because the cookies tasted perfect.
- The above measurement yields exactly 2 dozen cookies. I used 2 large baking sheets for each dozen and baked it one batch at a time. You can also bake both at the same time with one sheet on the middle rack and the other one on the bottom rack. If you decide to bake both batches at the same time, be sure to switch the baking sheets half way through. That is, once it's baked for 5 minutes, move the top rack sheet to the bottom and the bottom rack sheet to the top to ensure even baking.
- Using the same method, I'm also thinking of making Pistachio cookies using instant pistachio pudding mix and chopped pistachios instead of pecans.