I got this recipe from the box of Sun-Maid Golden Raisins. It’s very much beginner's level baking and it came out very tasty. It was a huge hit with my husband and son. I don't have pictures because I baked this when I didn't have any idea of starting a blog of my own. I will update it when I bake it once again.
Golden Raisin Bars Recipe
- 1.5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dried Apricots
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Heat oven to 325F/160C for 15 minutes.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix in butter with fingers or a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add raisins and apricots.
- Pat mixture firmly into a ungreased 9*13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool in Pan 30 minutes. Cut into bars and cool completely. Remove from pan with a metal spatula.
- I used quick cooking oats and light brown sugar.
- I also added 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- I was not sure if it was done after 25 min, so I baked it for another 5 min, so the bars were a little crispy than chewy. So just bake for 25 min and remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- For a quick dessert, serve with vanilla ice cream or sandwich 2 cookies with ice cream and freeze. Serve frozen.