If you are a novice baker looking for an easy recipe to be successful with or in a hurry to whip up a batch of delicious cookies then this brown rice flour chocolate chip cookie recipe should be your first choice.
Unlike the regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, this one doesn't need butter, so you save time on bringing it to room temperature. This is almost instant. Just mix together flour, sugar, oil and a couple of other ingredients and by the the time the oven is preheated your cookie dough is ready. So within 30 minutes warm, delicious, fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies is ready.
This recipe is based on this barley chocolate chip cookie recipe. I used a mix of oat flour and brown rice flour instead. Since cookies don't need much of rising unlike quick bread and cakes, I think you should be fine using any other flour in this recipe. This cookie recipe is also gluten friendly. If you make sure all the ingredients are gluten-free, this is a wonderful recipe. It's vegan too when you use vegan chocolate chips. These brown rice flour cookies remained crisp even after a week.
Oats & Brown Rice Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 and 1/4 cups Oats Flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (I used light)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Nuts
- 2/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons EnerG egg replacer
- 7 tablespoons Warm Water
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 375F/190C. Grease (use shortening/butter/non-stick spray) the baking sheets and keep it aside.
- Whip the EnerG egg replacer powder with warm water in a blender until it's smooth and frothy.
- In a large bowl combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.