Cauliflower is my husband's favorite vegetable, so I try to cook different dishes with it. Nupur's Cauliflower Soup has become such a hit in my house, these days even my mother is asking me to make it quite often. While searching the net I came to know about oven roasted cauliflower and was so tempted to try it. There are 1001 recipes available throughout the net for roasted cauliflower and this is my version.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 Big Cauliflower (Cut Into Medium Size Florets)
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sambar Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hing
- As Per Taste Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets and clean it by soaking in a mixture of warm water and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the other ingredients and whisk it.
- Now add the cauliflower florets little by little and toss it well to coat thoroughly with the mixture.
- Spread it evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Roast the cauliflower for 25 minutes, tossing it once around 15 minutes.
- To get a crispy texture, turn the oven switch to broil mode for 3-5 minutes, again tossing once in the middle. While doing this make sure that you keep the oven door open and keep your kids out of the kitchen.
- Using the same procedure you can experiment with different flavors like garam masala, curry powder or use a variety of herbs.