Later I tried the same cake mix cookie recipe using Ener-G egg replacer and made this eggless cranberry chocolate chip cookie recipe using cake mix which turned out great too.
So when I found a box of white cake mix in my pantry I thought why not try some Valentine's Day themed dessert using it, especially cookies because it will be quicker to make than cakes/cupcakes. I came across few recipes in Pinterest and the idea of pink velvet chocolate chip cookies was really interesting. They had used strawberry cake mix to make the cookies and I didn't have one. I already have an eggless red velvet chocolate chip cookie recipe in the blog which I made it from scratch.
This cake mix pink velvet cookies looked like a very simple recipe in terms of preparation when compared to my red velvet cookies from scratch. Since I didn't have the strawberry cake mix I decided to few drops of red food coloring to get pink color cookies and the idea worked out great and got these light, baby pink color, soft and chewy velvet cookies, which got me the best compliment from my friend's 8 year old son, "these are the best cookies on earth!" What more can I ask for!
PInk Velvet Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box (461 gms) white cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil (any neutral flavored oil)
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, pureed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 drops red food color
- 1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl empty the cake mix, oil, silken tofu, vanilla and red food color and beat well with an electric handheld beater. Add more red food coloring if you want a darker pink shade.
- When the batter starts to come together stir in about 1 cup of white chocolate chips. The dough will be a bit sticky. Refrigerate for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350F.
- While the oven is preheating start scooping out the dough using a tablespoon. Roll it into a smooth ball and flatten it slightly and place it on a baking sheet. Repeat it for the rest of the dough. Depending upon the size of the dough you scoop out for each cookie you can make around 24-30 cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-13 minutes.
- Once done transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let it cool in the baking sheet itself for at least 5 minutes. While the cookies are still warm press few white chocolate chips (1/4 cup reserved from the 1 and 1/4 cups) on the cookies because this will give a beautiful appearance to the cookies instead when you mix it all in the dough.
- Later remove the cookies from the pan and place it on the wire rack for the cookies to cool completely before storing it in an air-tight container.