This is a very simple side dish for chapathis/naan without lot of spices, yet very flavorful and healthy.
Spinach and Chickpeas Gravy Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|05 Mins||20 Mins||3-4 Servings|
A very simple recipe for side dish using frozen chopped spinach and chickpeas.
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Finely Chopped Medium Size Onion
- As Per Taste Salt
- As Per Taste Curry Powder/Garam Masala
- 1 Cup Yogurt (I Used Low Fat Yogurt)
- 1 Cup Milk (I Used 2%)
- 1 10 Oz Thawed Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 15 Oz Drained And Rinsed Canned Chickpeas
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion, salt and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the curry powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add yogurt, milk, thawed spinach and the drained chickpeas and let it simmer until all the flavors blend together.
- The dish was nice and creamy. I actually added a mixture of full cream and milk, that definitely gave a richness to the gravy.
- Be careful while adding salt because the canned chickpeas already has salt in it.
- Update: I did not make the Naan. It's the frozen variety we get in US, Deep Brand. Just heat it in the oven for 2 minutes, it's ready to eat and you get a very nice fluffy naan. I also broil it for another 1-2 minutes to get a crunchy texture. The one in the picture is Garlic Naan and we absolutely love it. It's so handy while entertaining friends also. But be sure to heat it just before eating and serve it immediately or else it tends to dry.