Vegan Blueberry Oats Waffles
When my husband insisted me to get the waffle iron, I kept rejecting it because I didn’t think that I would be using it quite often. I didn’t want yet another kitchen equipment to occupy my counter space. Boy was I wrong! The waffle iron has become one of the most frequently used appliance at home. I’m trying new waffle recipes almost every weekend. I got this idea for blueberry oats waffles from one of the magazines I was browsing. It was an usual waffle recipe with eggs, but I decided to make it vegan using my vegan waffle recipe.
|Vegan Blueberry Oats Waffles|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 – 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients except the blueberries.
- In another medium size bowl stir together the milk and vinegar and set it aside for 5 minutes. Then add rest of the wet ingredients too. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix and stir together until well combined. Let the batter stand for about 10 minutes.
- Grease the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and prepare waffles as per the instructions in your waffle manual.
- These vegan blueberry oats waffles turned out to be great. It looked lovely too with specks of cooked blueberries.
- The quantity of water depends upon the type of flour you are using. So start with 2 tablespoons and then increase if required.
- The waffles are not very sweet with the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. But if you are serving it with maple syrup or other sweet sauce it should be fine.
You should also check out...
Share with your friends: