Yes, it's just upma stuffed in green bell pepper (capsicum). As simple as it sounds. I saw this recipe in a tamil magazine.
Bell Pepper Stuffied Upma Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|25 Mins||10 Mins||1 Bell Pepper|
A very easy recipe to prepare bell pepper stuffed with upma.
- As Needed Any Upma (Semolina, Vermicelli, Cracked Wheat)
- As Needed Green Bell Pepper (Depending Upon The Quantity Of Upma)
- Wash the bell pepper and cut off the tops carefully, because you need it to close the pepper and cook.
- Now remove the seeds inside the pepper and those sticking to the stalk.
- Fill the upma inside the pepper and close it back with the top.
- Add some water in a frying pan and let it get hot.
- Now keep an idli plate inside and arrange the peppers on the plate, close the frying pan with a lid and let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool completely before you cut it lengthwise and drizzle some chutney all over and serve.
- In the original recipe, the method mentioned for cooking the bell pepper was to add 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, arrange the bell peppers in it and sprinkle some salt water on top of the peppers and to cook for 8-10 minutes. But this did not work, the pan started to brown in the inside and the pepper was no where close to get cooked. Then only I got this idea of steaming the pepper and it worked. But don't steam it too much, the pepper will become very flimsy and cutting will become a problem.
- Also add salt and chilies a little more than you always use for the regular upma, because the pepper does not have any flavoring.