Tofu Mango Pudding

Tofu Mango Pudding

After baking the Eggless Chocolate Cake using silken tofu, I was wondering what to do with the remaining tofu. I didn’t want to prepare the same old berry-banana smoothie and found this. I always have the Kesar Mango Pulp from the Indian store in my pantry to prepare my favorite drink Mango Milkshake. So I decided to use it instead of fresh/frozen mangoes. I had to add the tofu and mango puree little by little to suit our taste and finally found the ratio.

Tofu Mango Pudding Recipe
Prep time: 05 Mins
Cook time: 05 Mins (Mix time, No Cooking)
Yields: 2 Servings
Tofu Mango PuddingA very easy recipe to prepare a mango pudding using silken tofu.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup Silken Tofu (I Used Nasoya Brand)
  • 3/4 Cup Sweetened Mango Pulp
  • Optional Cardamom Powder/Vanilla Extract
  • Optional Pistachios Unsalted Chopped
Procedure:
  1. Blend smoothly the silken tofu, mango pulp and the flavoring of choice. I used cardamom powder and garnished it with chopped pistachios to give it an Indian mango kulfi taste. It tasted awesome and my 3 year old loved it.
My Notes:
  1. You can change the ratio of the tofu and mango pulp to suit your taste.
  2. I also froze the pudding to have a tofu mango ice cream. I transferred the pudding to a stainless steel container with lid and placed it in the freezer. Around 5 hours I checked it and it was in the perfect scooping consistency. The only thing missing was a little sweetness. So if you decide to freeze the pudding I would suggest to add some more sugar or the mango pulp.

Share with your friends:

You should also check out...

21 Responses to “Tofu Mango Pudding”

1. OmoObatala says:

Very delicious recipe. I just tried it since I just so happen to have these two ingredients randomly lying around… lol… I’m loving it! :)

Thanks for trying it Omo Obatala.

2. Komal-Nishka says:

Hey, just wanted to drop a note to let you know I tried this and the result was super awesome :) Posted about it too here http://bit.ly/aPV0aq Thanks for the awesome work you’re doing here.

Thanks Komal.

3. Kara says:

This looks great but no idea where to find sweetened mango pulp in the U.S.! I could try Indian food shops, but what kind of packaging does it even come in?

• Madhuram says:

It comes in a can like tomato sauce and paste. It’s available in all Indian grocery stores and sometimes in the International foods section of the regular grocery stores.

4. Poornima says:

Love that the ingredient list is so short and anything mango is always divine! Fab dessert!!

5. Maithilee says:

Tried this and my nine year daughter , her 11 year old friend and my husband all loved it. Tastes good and it is healthier with tofu in it. Thanks !