After baking the Eggless Chocolate Cake using silken tofu, I was wondering what to do with the remaining tofu. I didn’t want to prepare the same old berry-banana smoothie and found this. I always have the Kesar Mango Pulp from the Indian store in my pantry to prepare my favorite drink Mango Milkshake. So I decided to use it instead of fresh/frozen mangoes. I had to add the tofu and mango puree little by little to suit our taste and finally found the ratio.
|Tofu Mango Pudding Recipe
Prep time: 05 Mins
Cook time: 05 Mins (Mix time, No Cooking)
Yields: 2 Servings
A very easy recipe to prepare a mango pudding using silken tofu.
- 1/2 Cup Silken Tofu (I Used Nasoya Brand)
- 3/4 Cup Sweetened Mango Pulp
- Optional Cardamom Powder/Vanilla Extract
- Optional Pistachios Unsalted Chopped
- Blend smoothly the silken tofu, mango pulp and the flavoring of choice. I used cardamom powder and garnished it with chopped pistachios to give it an Indian mango kulfi taste. It tasted awesome and my 3 year old loved it.
- You can change the ratio of the tofu and mango pulp to suit your taste.
- I also froze the pudding to have a tofu mango ice cream. I transferred the pudding to a stainless steel container with lid and placed it in the freezer. Around 5 hours I checked it and it was in the perfect scooping consistency. The only thing missing was a little sweetness. So if you decide to freeze the pudding I would suggest to add some more sugar or the mango pulp.