My friend Dee made the announcement for the event she is hosting for AFAM (A Fruit A Month), started by Maheshwari on 1st of May and I can't believe it's the 24th already. She has chosen Raspberries as this month's fruit. I did spend a lot of time searching the net for interesting recipes and bookmarked a lot of them, but somehow it got delayed. Finally here I am, with a recipe for a simple lemonade with raspberries. Hope I will able to send another one too.
Before going to the recipe, a small trivia I found about Raspberry. According to legend, raspberries were originally white. The nymph Ida pricked her finger while picking berries for the crying infant Jupiter, and raspberries have since been tinged red with her blood. (The botanical name of the raspberry is Rubus idaeus. Rubus means "red", and idaeus means "belonging to Ida").
Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|05 Mins||05 Mins||4-5 Servings|
- 2 Cups Frozen Or Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Big Lemon Juice
- 5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- If using frozen raspberries, thaw them as per the instructions in the package.
- Blend it using approximately 2 cups of water.
- Strain the raspberry juice using a fine sieve repeatedly to get rid of the seeds. (that's what it's called right?)
- In order to dissolve the sugar, I added the sugar, lemon juice and a little bit of the raspberry juice in a blender and blended it thoroughly. To this add the remaining 3 cups of water, raspberry puree and mix it well. That's it, Raspberry Lemonade is ready now. Serve it in a glass with ice cubes and garnish it with mint leaves.
- Alternatively you can also pour the lemonade in ice pop moulds and freeze it, for a cool Popsicle. My son loved this version.
- And this will be a lovely treat for summer. Enjoy!