It’s been a while since I baked anything in the past 2 months. Finally got a chance to pull out my baking stuff. I was supposed to go to a pot luck party at my friend’s house last week and wanted to bake something to take with me. I also wanted to use the very ripe bananas that was sitting in the fruit basket. If you are a frequent visitor here you know by now that I have a LOT of baking recipes using bananas. Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, breads, muffins, and more. You name it and I have it. Today’s recipe is egg free banana bran muffins.
I have wanted to bake a banana layer cake for quite sometime now and for some reason didn’t get a chance to. I was thinking to baking it this time at least but again I had to postpone it again because If I bake a cake, I can’t taste it before taking it there. How can I take it to the party without knowing if it’s good enough! So decided to go with this banana bran muffin recipe instead because the recipe also was for 2 dozen muffins and I needed at least 15-20 servings.
The muffins turned out very good but unfortunately I was not able to attend the party and ended up distributing the muffins to my neighbors. Lucky them and unlucky friends!
Egg Free Banana Bran Muffins Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|20 Mins||21 Mins||21 Muffins|
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bran flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar, until light and creamy. Add the buttermilk and bananas and beat it again.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Add in the cereal, chocolate chips and chopped nuts too. Mix it thoroughly. If you think that the batter is too thick add another tablespoon or two of milk or water to get the right consistency.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3rds full and bake for about 21-25 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Mine was done after 21 minutes.
- Move the pan to a wire rack and let it cool for at least 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan.
- These muffins are quite dense. Do store it in the refrigerator because it uses bananas and the chances of the muffins going bad pretty soon is quite a possibility. But storing it in the fridge does harden it up. In that case warm it up for about 15 seconds in the microwave oven before serving, so that it has a good texture.
Subscribe To Eggless Cooking
Don't miss our new eggless recipe updates in your email inbox! Sign up now.