I wanted to bake some treats for my little one’s school for Halloween. Looked at a couple of Halloween themed recipes and nothing caught my attention especially with the ingredients I had at home. Finally went with the M&M cookies recipe because it looked colorful and I too have been wanting to try it for quite sometime now.
I modified it a bit to include whole wheat flour and make it egg free too. The cookies turned out great. Crisp on the outside and chewy inside. I heard from the teachers that it was a huge hit in the school. Christmas is around the corner and this cookie recipe will be perfect for cookie swaps too. More Christmas baking recipes here.
Eggless Chewy Oatmeal and M&M Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|15 Mins||11 Mins + 30 Mins for cooling||42 Cookies|
- 2 and 3/4 quick cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini M&Ms
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients listed in Part 1 and set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Ener-G egg replacer powder, water and vanilla extract and beat well.
- To this wet mix add the oats and flour mix and combine well.
- Stir in the M&Ms too.
- Cover it and cool it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After about 15 minutes, preheat the oven at 325F/160C for 15 minutes. Grease the baking tray(s) with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Take a tablespoon of dough, roll it and flatten it slightly. Do it for the rest of the dough and place it about an inch apart. If you want you can press some more M&Ms not top of each cookie.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes. I took out mine after 11 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet itself on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes, before placing the cookies directly on the rack to allow it to completely before storing it in an air tight container.