Few weeks back tried to bake an eggless zebra cake and that flopped too. The taste was good but it didn’t look perfect. The zebra like chocolate stripes were missing and all messed up. So couldn’t blog that recipe as well.
Now this rekindled the idea of baking a marbled cake again and I was looking for recipes and found this one.
I kept my fingers crossed that it should turn out perfect but as usual messed up with the marbling effect. Even the recipes advised that I shouldn’t run the knife through the cake so many times mixing up the batters, I wasn’t sure if I would get the marbling effect and did it a couple of times.
Of course it didn’t turn out as good as I expected but nonetheless the taste and textures was very good that I decided to share the recipe here. So please make sure that you just do it one time each direction and leave it undisturbed.
How To Make Eggless Marble Cake?
Here are the step-by-step pictures on how to make egg free chocolate vanilla marble cake recipe.
Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|25 Mins||27 Mins||16 Squares|
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (for 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup milk (whole)
- 1 tablespoon milk (whole)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl add the butter and sugar and cream well together.
- Add in the yogurt, vanilla extract and vinegar and then beat again.
- Add in 1/2 the flour mix. Add in the milk and beat again.
- Lastly add in the remaining flour mix and beat until smooth.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- In the same bowl, to the remaining batter add the cocoa powder, sugar and 1 tablespoon milk. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate batter randomly over the vanilla batter in the pan.
- Take a butter knife and drag it back and forth through the batter the entire length of the pan. Then do the same thing the entire width of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean. Mine was done in 27 minutes.
- I didn’t follow the original recipe when it said less is better while mixing the batter to get the marbled effect. I was not sure if I had done it right and so went back and forth a couple of times and it did mess up the “marbled” appearance when the cake came out of the oven. So just one time each on either side should be fine and I can’t emphasize it enough.
|Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.2g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carb 23.8g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|
|Vitamin A 9% – Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 4% – Iron 2%|