Earlier I had baked eggless butter pecan pudding cookies using instant butterscotch pudding mix, which was a big hit. These pudding mix cookies are very easy to put together and taste very good.
Christmas Pudding Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|15 Mins||12 Mins||24 Cookies Per Each Pudding Mix|
- 3/4 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Package 3.4Oz Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 1 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Toasted and Chopped Pistachios
- Preheat oven at 375F/190C for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and pudding mix until smooth. I used a hand held electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Fold in pecans.
- Grease a tablespoon with non stick cooking spray.
- Take a tablespoonful of dough and drop it on the baking sheet 2 inch apart.
- Flatten the dough using your fingers.
- Bake it for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Mine were perfectly done at 11 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool on the baking sheet itself for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer it to a wire cooling rack and let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
- Toast the nuts before adding it to the dough. This will give a nice crunch to the cookies. Toast the nuts in the oven while it is preheating.
- Shaping the dough into balls and then flattening it with my palm. For this I first dropped tablespoonful of dough on the baking sheets. Then I greased my hands by with little butter (from the butter wrapper) and then rolled each into ball and then flattened it by pressing it with my palm. So this time I got beautiful round cookies for all the batches. Last time I just dropped a tablespoonful of dough and used a fork to press it down.
- The above measurement yields exactly 2 dozen cookies. I used 2 large baking sheets for each dozen and baked it one batch at a time. You can also bake both at the same time with one sheet on the middle rack and the other one on the bottom rack. If you decide to bake both batches at the same time, be sure to switch the baking sheets half way through. That is, once it’s baked for 5 minutes, move the top rack sheet to the bottom and the bottom rack sheet to the top to ensure even baking.
- Using the same method, bake a batch of French Vanilla cookies, using instant french vanilla pudding mix and semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of nuts.
You don’t need eggs, baking soda, baking powder or sugar. This pudding cookie recipe calls for only 3 ingredients (nuts optional) butter, pudding mix and flour you can bake these easy pudding cookies in no time.
If you are interested in baking but have not baked before this is “the recipe” you should try. Nothing can go wrong and I guarantee that everybody who tastes these cookies will be asking you for the recipe.
Christmas is nearing and I’ve decided to bake goodies and give it to the people in my community, like the firefighters, ER workers, librarians, postmen, etc. So I’m thinking of trying this pudding cookies recipe in 3 different flavors, create an assorted pudding mix cookies tray and gift it to them.
This time around I tried to bake these cookies using pistachio and French vanilla pudding mix. Simply follow the butter pecan pudding cookies recipe and substitute the butterscotch pudding mix with pistachio pudding mix for 1 batch and french vanilla pudding mix for another batch.
For the pistachio pudding cookies mix in coarsely chopped pistachios and semi-sweet chocolate chips for the vanilla pudding mix cookies.
For a Christmas themed eggless pudding cookies, you can add red, green and white sprinkles in the French vanilla flavor or even crushed peppermints. Chocolate pudding mix will also make very good pudding cookies. I have tried that too.
Of all the flavors of instant pudding cookies without eggs I have baked so far the butterscotch pudding cookies and pistachio pudding cookies are my most favorite.