Many times simple recipes tend to be way better than recipes where you have to put in a lot of time and effort. Salad recipes are such no-brainer recipes.
It’s very easy to put together, when done right it tastes great and is good for your body too. This sugar snap pea salad recipe is even easier than most of the other salad recipes I have blogged here. The chopping/grating a load of vegetables is also eliminated. Just buy some fresh sugar snap peas, wash it and you are good to go.
Sugar Snap Pea Salad Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|15 Mins||03 Mins||4 Servings|
Easy to put together, this sugar snap pea salad recipe tastes great as a side or a main meal all by itself.
Ingredients For the Salad:
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 1/3 cup pistachios
Ingredients For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the lemon-mint dressing, whisk together all the ingredients and set aside.
- For the salad, cook the sugar snap pea in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and drain.
- Lightly toast the pistachios (for about 2-3 minutes) and chop it coarsely.
- Toss together the cooked peas, toasted pistachios and the dressing just before serving.
- Try to use very tender and fresh sugar snap pea for this recipe otherwise the peas tends to be very fibrous making it difficult to like this salad.
Try this recipe, click a pic and hashtag it #egglesscooking - Proudly showcase your creations on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
This looks good! Will be bookmarking and trying it out soon 😀
Never tried salad with this peas,looking great.