I usually start my day with a green smoothie. Drinking green smoothies is the easiest and tastiest way to get in a ton of nutrition which doesn’t need much of your time to make too. The variations are countless.
I was using a lot of flax seed both in my salads and smoothies. The new addition in the past month is chia seeds.
If you haven’t heard about it then check out the 10 reasons to add chia to your diet, especially if you are a vegetarian.
Vegan Mango Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|05 Mins||01 Mins||2 Servings|
Refreshing and filling smoothie recipe using ripe mangoes and antioxidant rich blueberries to keep you charged until lunch.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped mangoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 cups almond or rice milk
- 1 cup baby spinach (loosely packed)
- I use my Vitamix to blend it all and it just takes about 30-40 seconds. If you are using a regular blender then you would need to add about 1/2-3/4th cup of milk, blend everything into a smooth mixture and then add the remaining milk. Don’t forget to blend in ice cubes if you are not using frozen fruits.
Try this recipe, click a pic and hashtag it #egglesscooking - Proudly showcase your creations on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!