I have been baking quite a lot of muffins over the past few weeks. So I wanted to try some cookies this time. I have been storing bran flakes crumbs and saw that it had collected considerably. That's when I jumped over here to look for some recipe ideas and found this cookie recipe. I had all the ingredients in hand and got down to the job right away. The cookie started out crispy but did turn chewy after a while. I wanted to add some toasted walnuts too but then I wouldn't be able to pack it for my son's lunch. So if you are not worried about nut allergies do add some toasted nuts for an extra crunch.
Whole Wheat Bran Flakes Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|20 Mins||09 Mins||36 Cookies|
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- whole wheat pastry flour - 3/4th cup of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour each
- butter - vegan butter substitute like Earth Balance
- coconut palm sugar - brown sugar
- bran flakes cereal - any other high fiber cereal
- dried cranberries - other dried fruits like apricots, raisins, etc
- white chocolate chips - any other chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350F/180c for 15 minutes. Prepare cookie sheet(s) by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greasing it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg replacer powder, water and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mix until well combined.
- Add the bran flakes, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough for each cookie and place it on the prepared pan. I rolled it and then flattened it slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and leave the cookies on the sheet itself for about 5 minutes. Then cool the cookies completely on a wire rack before storing it in an air-tight container.
Subscribe To Eggless Cooking
Don't miss our new eggless recipe updates in your email inbox! Sign up now.
Thank you. We just sent you a confirmation email - please confirm it.
Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously