I have been baking quite a lot of muffins over the past few weeks. So I wanted to try some cookies this time. I have been storing bran flakes crumbs and saw that it had collected considerably. That’s when I jumped over here to look for some recipe ideas and found this cookie recipe.
I had all the ingredients in hand and got down to the job right away. The cookie started out crispy but did turn chewy after a while. I wanted to add some toasted walnuts too but then I wouldn’t be able to pack it for my son’s lunch. So if you are not worried about nut allergies do add some toasted nuts for an extra crunch.
Whole Wheat Bran Flakes Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|20 Mins||09 Mins||36 Cookies|
Bran flakes not your favorite cereal? Then use it up in this chocolate chip cookie recipe that everyone will devour.
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- whole wheat pastry flour – 3/4th cup of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour each
- butter – vegan butter substitute like Earth Balance
- coconut palm sugar – brown sugar
- bran flakes cereal – any other high fiber cereal
- dried cranberries – other dried fruits like apricots, raisins, etc
- white chocolate chips – any other chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350F/180c for 15 minutes. Prepare cookie sheet(s) by lining it with parchment paper or lightly greasing it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg replacer powder, water and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mix until well combined.
- Add the bran flakes, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough for each cookie and place it on the prepared pan. I rolled it and then flattened it slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and leave the cookies on the sheet itself for about 5 minutes. Then cool the cookies completely on a wire rack before storing it in an air-tight container.
Try this recipe, click a pic and hashtag it #egglesscooking - Proudly showcase your creations on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
When baking the chocolate cake what can i replace silken tofu with?
You can try yogurt or unsweetened applesauce.
Looks tempting. I like the raisin bran muffin recipe and make them often. Would love to try this as well.
Question: Can I use flax seeds powder instead of Ener_G egg replacer? And if so, how much quantity would you recommend?
Thanks Puja. You can use 1 tablespoon of flax seed powder with 3 tablespoons of water. But the cookies will turn out to be soft and chewy.