Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
This recipe for eggless chocolate shortbread cookies is from a Martha Stewart book. I think it’s called “Cookies”. I noted it long time back so don’t remember it. These are basic beginner’s level cookies. These shortbread have a crumbly texture with a buttery smell and taste. I wanted to bake a big batch of cookies and a simple recipe. So this chocolate shortbread recipe fits the bill. The yield mentioned in the recipe was 3 dozen but I got 5 dozen cookies.
|Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 15 Mins
Cook time: 25 Mins
Yields: 60 Cookies
These shortbreads have a crumbly “melt in your mouth” texture and are so very easy to bake too.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup plus little Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (For Dusting)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, At Room Temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa and salt.
- In a large bowl add the butter and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat about 2 minutes, until very light in color and fluffy, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add vanilla if using.
- Add the flour mixture and combine on low speed, until flour is just incorporated and dough sticks together when squeezed with fingers.
- Form dough into a flattened disk; wrap in plastic. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F for 15 minutes. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. I greased it lightly with the butter wrapper itself.
- Use a spoon to form the dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. I chilled it for 2 hours and the dough became so hard I was not able to scoop the dough. I had to pinch the dough and roll it in between my palms.
- Bake until firm, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating halfway through (that is, moving the baking sheet in the top row to the bottom row and the vice versa) My cookies were ready around 23 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving. (I didn’t do this)
- These chocolate shortbread cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Share with your friends:
You should also check out...
Ratings and Reviews (3)
5 star: 0
3 star: 0
2 star: 0
1 star: 0
Leave a Reply
Link to this recipe:
If you have a website and would like to link to this recipe, simply copy (Ctrl + C) and paste the code below. It will look like this: Chocolate Shortbread Cookies