I had a lot of mint at home and wanted to use it in a different way other than preparing chutney and pulav. Earlier I have made parathas too, grinding pudina, coriander and green chillies. So I wanted to try something new and came up with this idea of mixing it with the potato stuffing for the aloo paratha. The result was amazing. Not only did it taste good but the fragrance of the mint took it to another level.
Potato/Aloo Paratha Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|25 Mins||25 Mins||5 Parathas|
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- As Per Taste Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Mint (Pudina) Leaves
- 3 Boiled And Mashed Medium Size Potatoes
- As Per Taste Garam Masala Powder
- As Per Taste Salt
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Combine the ingredients to prepare the dough. Add enough water to form a ball of dough, knead a couple of times and keep it covered for an hour.
- To prepare the stuffing, add the teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and let it heat for a minute. Now add the mint leaves and sauteed it for a while until it is wilted. Remove the pan from the stove and keep it aside.
- Now to the mashed potato add the mint leaves, the remaining ingredients for the stuffing and combine together thoroughly.
- Divide the paratha dough into lemon size balls and the stuffing into smaller size balls. I got 5 balls of dough for the above measurement.
- Now roll each ball of dough into a small circle and place one ball of the stuffing and cover it with the dough and roll it back again.
- Meanwhile preheat the griddle (tava) and once the tava is hot, cook the parathas on both the sides, by adding little oil.
- Enjoy it with yogurt and/or your favorite pickle.
- I usually use only whole wheat flour for preparing parathas. Recently I saw this combination of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour, in a magazine. So I wanted to try it.
- I grind coriander and green chillies and mix it with the the mashed potato to prepare potato paratha. This time I changed that too. The combination of mint, garam masala and the lemon juice was heavenly.