I came across this recipe in Recipezaar when I was searching for mango recipes for this month’s Weekend Breakfast Blogging – May Mango Madness hosted by Arundati, originally started by Nandita. In spite of the good reviews, I was not sure if we would like the combination of these two fruits, so I scaled down the measurements. But to my surprise it tasted very good.
Raspberry Mango Smoothie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|05 Mins||05 Mins||2 Servings|
A very simple and tasty recipe to make a creamy smoothie using raspberries and mangoes.
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Or Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Or Frozen Maongo Chunks
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt/Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 Cups Milk
- As Per Your Taste Honey/Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence (If You Are Using Plain Yogurt)
- In a blender add the fruits, yogurt, honey and 1 cup of milk and blend it smooth. If your using fresh fruits you can also add few ice cubes during this stage. I used frozen fruits, so I thawed them at room temperature just for 5 minutes and blended it.
- Now add the remaining milk or as much as required to get the desired consistency.
Try this recipe, click a pic and hashtag it #egglesscooking - Proudly showcase your creations on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
This also goes to my dear friend Dee’s AFAM – Raspberry event.
*you’re not your
Is there a difference between vanilla “essence” and vanilla “extract”? Love your site! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes!!
You’re welcome Samantha. As far as I know extract is pure, extracted from real vanilla pods (but there is imitation extract too) and essence is man made from synthetics, which is artificial flavoring. Both can be used interchangeably.
[…] Madhuram of Eggless Cooking blends in two unusual flavours of raspberries and mango to make this breakfast Raspberry Mango smoothie […]
Madhavi, thank you very much. Hope you are feeling better now!
Thank you very much for your comments, Laavanya, Min, Shweta, Rajitha.
Bhags, yes. It’s my dear friend Dee’s event so trying to send as many entries as possible.