I had some ripe mangoes at home and wanted to bake something with it. I already have a vegan mango cake recipe which I love to bake anytime. I was trying to choose between a muffin and quick bread. Muffins it was! I took some inspiration from a couple of my vegan muffin recipes and came up with this vegan mango muffins recipe. The muffins turned out pretty good but I thought it was missing some spice. Ground cardamom or nutmeg would have been a lovely addition.
Vegan Mango Muffins Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|20 Mins||23 Mins||12 Muffins|
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced mangoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven at 400F/200C for 15 minutes. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl stir together the ingredients listed in Part 2 and set aside.
- In another large bowl sift together the Part 1 ingredients, except for the mangoes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix and stir until just combined. Add the mangoes and do not mix it too much.
- Scoop out about 1/3rd cup of batter for each muffin and fill it in each of the muffin hole and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the oven comes out clean. Mine was done in 23 minutes.
- Transfer the oven to a wire rack and let it cool for about 5 minutes before taking the muffins out. After 5 minutes remove the muffins from the pan and let it cool completely before storing it.
- I usually advise spraying the muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray so that you can peel the muffins off quite immediately and easily. But lately I notice that the muffins turn out too oily and soggy if it’s not sprayed properly. So I leave the muffins undisturber for at least an hour and more if it’s a whole wheat muffin.
- I didn’t have whole wheat pastry flour, so use half all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour.
- Use ripe and sweet mangoes but don’t forgot to store these muffins in the fridge/freezer because it stays good only for 3 days when stored at room temperature. Just warm it in the microwave oven for 15-20 seconds before eating and it’s good as freshly baked muffins.