Eggless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
I was searching for zucchini recipes and found this one in Food Network’s site. It’s by Paula Deen. The original recipe yields 2 loaves, so I scaled down the ingredients to 50% to bake 1 loaf and used bananas to make it eggless.
All Purpose Flour 1.5 cups
Baking Powder 1/4 tspn
Baking Soda 1/2 tspn
Cinnamon 1/4 tspn ( I used even little because I’m not a big fan of cinnamon)
Salt 1/2 tspn
Zucchini peeled and grated, 1 cup (I used 1 medium zucchini, the gratings measured nearly 1.5 cups)
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 1/2 cup (I used mini chocolate chips)
Pecans 1/2 cup, chopped
Vegetable Oil 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar 3/4 cup
Bananas 2 medium size, mashed
Vanilla essence 1 tspn
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes.
2. Combine ingredients in Part 1 and sieve them.
3. To this add the ingredients in Part 2.
4. Combine ingredients in Part 3 in a blender/or cream it using an electric hand mixer. I used my magic bullet blender to blend it. Add this mixture to the above dry ingredients and mix it well. You may add a little milk, if you feel that the mixture requires some more liquid. I had to add a couple of tablespoons of milk because I increased the quantity of zucchini.
5. Pour it in a greased bread loaf pan.
6. Bake it at 350F for 50 min or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Cool the bread in the pan for 30 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Wait for another 30-45 minutes before slicing the bread.
The bread is very moist and tasty. Click the images for a bigger view.
1. This is similar to the carrot cake recipe, but uses zucchini and chocolate chips instead. Next time I will add both carrots and zucchinis.
2. I feel that the Magic Bullet Blender is very versatile. I bought it 2 years back to puree steamed vegetables and fruits in small quantities for my infant son. But it does a lot more. The recipe booklet which comes along with the blender is also very useful. I have made muffins and soups as mentioned in the recipe book and it has come out very well also. Even in the above recipe I add all the ingredients in Part 3 in the blender’s big jar and gave it a few pulses and it’s ready within few minutes. I find it more easy than using an electric hand mixer.
3. Use Vegan chocolate chips/carob chips to make this bread100% vegan.
Share with your friends: