I was searching for zucchini recipes and found this one in Food Network’s site. It’s by Paula Deen. The original recipe yields 2 loaves, so I scaled down the ingredients to 50% to bake 1 loaf and used bananas to make it eggless.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|20 Mins||50 Mins||12 Slices|
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in Part 1 and sieve them.
- To this add the ingredients in Part 2.
- Combine ingredients in Part 3 in a blender/or cream it using an electric hand mixer. I used my magic bullet blender to blend it. Add this mixture to the above dry ingredients and mix it well. You may add a little milk, if you feel that the mixture requires some more liquid. I had to add a couple of tablespoons of milk because I increased the quantity of zucchini.
- Pour it in a greased bread loaf pan.
- Bake it at 350F for 50 min or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 30 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Wait for another 30-45 minutes before slicing the bread.
- This is similar to the carrot cake recipe, but uses zucchini and chocolate chips instead. Next time I will add both carrots and zucchinis.
- I feel that the Magic Bullet Blender is very versatile. I bought it 2 years back to puree steamed vegetables and fruits in small quantities for my infant son. But it does a lot more. The recipe booklet which comes along with the blender is also very useful. I have made muffins and soups as mentioned in the recipe book and it has come out very well also. Even in the above recipe I add all the ingredients in Part 3 in the blenders big jar and gave it a few pulses and it’s ready within few minutes. I find it more easy than using an electric hand mixer.
- Use Vegan chocolate chips/carob chips to make this bread 100% vegan.
Subscribe To Eggless Cooking
Don't miss our new eggless recipe updates in your email inbox! Sign up now.