Banana Bread Cookies: For those who have been following my recipes for a while now, it’s no surprise that I go bananas over baking with bananas. The plethora of banana recipes is enough proof to substantiate it.
I think I’m the happiest person ever to see a banana becoming overripe and getting blackish spots because I see an opportunity there to bake a new recipe. Banana bread has always been one of my favorite things to bake, especially when I want to gift it to family and friends. You can never go wrong with this vegan banana bread and the copycat Starbucks banana bread without eggs.
Being an ardent fan of banana bread, I wanted to try my hands on a simple banana bread cookie recipe. I tried to recreate the unique taste and texture of a banana bread in tiny morsels which can be devoured almost immediately after baking unlike waiting for the banana bread to cool overnight and then slice it. It will take at least 12 hours before we can taste that slice of a perfect banana bread! Whew! Not anymore!
You can bake these tasty no egg, banana bread cookies in no time and have it quickly too. This banana cookie recipe also doesn’t require any separate egg substitute because mashed banana by itself is a wonderful egg substitute. So no special ingredients or equipment is necessary to make this simple cookie recipe.
How To Make Banana Bread Cookies?
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make delicious banana bread cookies:
If you want to make healthy banana bread cookies, try incorporating some oatmeal and whole wheat flour instead of the all-purpose flour.
Banana Bread Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|25 Mins||13 Mins||32 Cookies|
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the banana and vanilla extract, and beat well.
- Add the flour and salt and mix together. Stir in the walnuts.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough and drop it onto the cookie sheet/s 2-3 cms apart.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until it’s light golden brown.
- Remove the sheet/s from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool completely before storing it in an air-tight container.
- I used light brown sugar, and the cookies were in a pale white color. If you want darker cookies, use dark brown sugar instead.
- For vegan banana bread cookies use a vegan butter substitute like Earth Balance. Oil will work too. Use about 3/4th of a cup of oil instead.
- If you want to get more cookies try using half tablespoon measurement to scoop out the dough.
- As always test bake 2-3 cookies to see how it spreads and then decide if you have to chill the dough a bit if it spread too much, or if you have to flatten the dough if it doesn’t spread enough. I felt that my dough was a bit sticky, so refrigerated it for about 20 minutes and flattened the scooped out cookie dough lightly because it didnt spread much.
- You can also use chocolate chips instead of walnuts in this banana bread cookies.
|Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.5g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carb 7.2g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|
|Vitamin D 4mcg – 20%|
|Calcium 7mg – Iron 0mg|