It has been 3 years since I started this blog but I don’t know why I haven’t blogged about something as basic as eggless pancakes until today. My husband and I are not big pancake fans. I do prepare it once in a month or two for my son.
Initially, I used to buy Bisquick; add some mashed bananas or applesauce for the eggs and add the extra baking powder to make egg-free pancakes.
Then I tried a couple of right-from-scratch recipes minus the eggs and wasn’t very pleased with the results. At that time I was not able to find a decent pancake recipe without eggs.
Later I found a whole grain pancake mix from Bulk Barn, to which I had to just add water and viola eggless pancakes were ready. Those living in Canada can find this mix in Bulk Barn. The mix is egg-free.
Last morning my husband asked me to prepare egg-free pancakes for breakfast because we don’t have that on the blog. So making it would serve two purposes.
I landed on this homemade pancakes without eggs recipe and after reading the raving reviews I had to try it.
The verdict is: "these are the best eggless pancakes you will ever taste". To tell the truth, I haven’t actually tasted a regular pancake with eggs (yes after 8 years in North America, I haven’t tasted it even once) so I cannot compare it with that, but I’m pretty sure that these pancakes are as good as the usual ones.
A couple of reviewers have tried this recipe because they ran out of eggs and they are all praises for it, which means that these pancakes are definitely good.
So if you have run out of eggs are do not want to use eggs and are wondering how to make pancakes without eggs, here's the only recipe you have to try.
I also have a vegan pancake recipe, the vegan version of the best eggless pancakes recipe. Do try it!
How To Make Egg-Free Pancakes?
Here are the step-by-step pictorial instructions on how to make delicious pancakes without eggs.
Eggless Pancakes Recipe
|6 Small Pancakes
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk (I Used 2%)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a liquid measuring mug, measure 1 cup milk. To that add the vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Do not over-mix. Lumps are perfectly fine. Set aside for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a griddle at medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the melted butter to the pancake batter and return the pan to the stove. Mix the butter into the batter.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of batter on the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the face of the pancake.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook until its golden brown.
- I have said it earlier and I'm going to say it again, these are THE best eggless pancakes. Light, soft and fluffy! You have to have some syrup or something to sweeten it because its not sweet by itself. But I guess that's how pancakes are supposed to be.
- The pan should not be over-heated or else the pancakes will blacken. To get that nice golden color I usually have the knob at 4.
- I added a couple of blueberries to the batter. You can add about 1/2 a cup of nuts, fruits or chocolate chips for this measurement.
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 7.2g
|Saturated Fat 3.4g
|Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carb 19.5g
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g
|Vitamin A 3% - Vitamin C 0%
|Calcium 13% - Iron 6%