Can you believe if I tell that you can make tasty samosas in just 15 minutes? Thanks to the mini fillo shells, these bite size samosas are low fat and also very easy to prepare. I have used these shells to make instant baklavas, but the idea of samosa did not occur to me until I saw Red Chillies’ low fat pani puri recipe. Thank you very much RC for another interesting recipe.
Low Fat Samosas Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|15 Mins||15 Mins||2 Dozen|
- As Needed Mini Fillo Shells
- As Needed Any Potato curry
- 3 Medium Size Potatoes
- 1 Finely Chopped Medium Size Onion
- Handful Green peas (Fresh OR Frozen)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
- As Needed Red Chili Powder
- As Needed Salt
- Little Lemon Juice
- To garnish Cilantro/Coriander Leaves
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Place the fillo shells in a cookie sheet and bake it for 7-8 minutes.
- Take the shells out of the oven and let it cool for at least 2 minutes. Then spoon in the prepared potato filling in the shells and serve it. Crispy samosas are ready to be eaten.
- Peel the skin, cut each potato into 4 pieces and cook it.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seeds. Once it splutters add the onions and fry it until its soft.
- Also add the green peas, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder and fry it for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the cooked potatoes and mix it well, coarsely mashing the potatoes. Cook it for 2-3 minutes and switch off the stove. Add the lemon juice (if using) and coriander leaves and mix it well. The potato filling is ready.
- The potato filling can be prepared ahead of time. If you have not cooked it already, prepare it while the oven is preheated. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare the stuffing if you cook the potatoes in the microwave oven.
Subscribe To Eggless Cooking
Don't miss our new eggless recipe updates in your email inbox! Sign up now.