Hi everybody! Thank you very much for all your good wishes and blessings, our move has been smooth but for a couple of minor set-backs, which is definitely expected in any relocation be it local or international. We have not yet settled completely (a lot of boxes are still lying around untouched!)
Tomorrow being our wedding anniversary, I wanted to make something new but also simple. Found a recipe for "no-bake" brownies in a Eagle Brand (Condensed Milk) book. It took only 15 minutes to put together this awesome brownie. I didn't want to wait another 15-20 days to share this fantastic recipe with all of you. So here it is! These no bake brownies are very fudgy and taste exactly like the regular version, but I have to agree that it was a bit messy cutting them into squares. More details in the My Notes section.
No Bake Fudgy Brownies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|10 Mins||4 Hrs (Including Refrigeration Time)||16 Brownies|
- 1 (14oz/300ml) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 squares (1 oz each) Chopped Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Chocolate Cookie Crumbs (I used the Oreo baking crumbs)
- 1/4 cup Mini M&M's/Color sprinkles/Nuts
- Grease 8-inch square baking pan or line with foil.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the sweetened milk and chocolate; cook and stir just until boiling. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in 2 cups of cookie crumbs. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs and sprinkles or nuts; press down gently with a spatula.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
- The original recipe mentioned either greasing the pan or lining it with aluminum foil, so I went with the latter thinking it would make it easy to handle. I guess I should have even greased the foil lightly to lift the squares easily because the brownies were sticking to the foil and it was difficult (but manageable) to take it out. I think using wax paper instead of aluminum foil would have been a better option.
- Also using color sprinkles was a very bad idea because everything was falling down. Either I did not press it down properly before putting it in the fridge or I should have used mini M&M's (my kitchen would have been less messy) as given in the recipe or should have used the sprinkles after cutting the brownies into squares.
- If you are not able to find ready to use cookie crumbs, I think using powdered graham crackers (chocolate flavor) will also be good.
- I prepared it in the night before going to bed and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Updates: The brownies tend to stick to the surface, so even while storing them in the fridge keep it on a wax paper. When eaten straight from the fridge the brownies tend to be hard so take the brownies out of the fridge about 5-10 minutes before serving and it has the exact texture of baked brownies.
No bake brownies?? I love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
You’re welcome Michelle. I swear that it tasted like the regular brownies.
No bake! How interesting! Looks DELICIOUSLY chocolatey!
It’s addictive too Stepahnie.
Nice to hear that you have reached safely. Sorry for Arjun,hope he is feeling better now.
Happy wedding anniversary! Pass our wishes to Shiva also. My kisses to Arjun.
Thank you very much Smitha. Belated birthday wishes to you.
mmmm that good 😀
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MADHURAM! Glad that u are settling. The fudgy brownies look lip-smacking tasty!Hv a great day!
Thank you very much Purnima.
Iam new to ur site.i did mango halwa.it came out nice after trial and errors.how did u cut them so nicely.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!Hoping to enjoy more recipes from ur site.thanks a lot.
Welcome Surekha. Even I was surprised that I was able to cut them into perfect squares. Sometimes I get lucky! I cut them after an hour or so, maybe that’s the reason.
Welcome back Madhu! Its sooo good to see you back! Glad your move was smooth! Happy wedding anniversary dear! 🙂
Brownies look irresistable! Great job!
Hi Madhu, Wish you a very Happy Marriage Anniversary!!!
Your brownies look so perfect. Hope everything will be settled down soon. All the best!
Thanks Sonu. I too hope the same.
Good to note you’ve relocated. Happy wedding anniversary – that’s really easy!
Simple yet yummy!
Yes it was!
Happy Anniversary! I love condensed milk desserts… they are the best, and always so easy… these brownies are surely a keeper… I am bookmarking 🙂
Thank you very much Meeso. You should definitely try this.
Happy Anniversary Madhu & a very new recipe with no baking ……..
Looks delectable! Great to see your posts..
Happy Wedding Anniversary Madhu!
Good one no need to bake!
Thank you very much Cham.
Happy Anniversary Madhu !! Nice to see you back…. How do you like the new place???Good luck to you.
It’s good Cilantro. We are living right in the heart of the city which is a new experience for me (us), because we were living in the suburbs in US. Lot of things to do and places to explore. Guess this summer is going to be great.
Hello Madhuram! I am so happy you are back! And what enthu… you just moved and you are back to cooking and blogging already. I wish I could be like you one day! 🙂
I saw your title first, then the “no bake”, went back and saw the title again! The texture looks so lovely, and doesn’t look like no bake at all…
Great work as always!
Take care of yourself and wish you a Happy Wedding Anniversary.
Thank you very much Anu. Even I’m not in the baking mood, so I tried this simple recipe but was really surprised by the outcome.
How’s the new place? Do you already have friends in this new city or do you have to start from scratch ?
Good to have you back.
Thanks Anjali. I know some people here, friends’ friends and through the blog. Communicated over phone and throuh emails. Yet to meet them in person.
Happy Anniversary…… 🙂 Yummy fudge….nice way to celebrate…..Have a rocking time…..
Happy Anniversary Madhu !! Nice to see you back.. The brownies looks delicious..
Thank you very much Sumathi.
Madhu glad to see you back with a delicious fudge! looks yumm…Happy anniversary…
The brownies look really delicious and love the colourfull sprinkling on top.
Thanks HC. It was unbelievably yummy.
Hi Madhu, glad to know you had a safe move.
Happy anniversary and wishing you many more years of togetherness filled with peace and happiness
Brownies look delicious.
Welcome back!!! Happy wedding anniversary!! Wish you many, many years of love and togetherness.
Thank you very much Laksh.
Hi Madhu..welcome back…and wishing you a very happy anniversary…brownies are looking very tempting 🙂
This sounds nice and easy to make – I will definitely try it
You will love it Leila.