I saw this recipe in Parents magazine. The original recipe was not completely vegetarian, so I changed it a little bit.
|Vegetarian Stromboli Recipe
Prep time: 25 Mins
Cook time: 25 Mins
Yields: 24 Slices
Easy to prepare vegetarian Stromboli using refrigerated pizza dough, asparagus and yellow pepper.
- 1 Cup Sliced Asparagus (Approximately 10-12 Spears)
- 1 Cup Yellow Peeper, Diced (1 Medium Size)
- 2 Seeded And Chopped Plum Tomatoes (I Used 1/4 Cup Of Crushed Tomatoes Instead)
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic (I Used 2 Cloves)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- As Needed Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper (Not Mentioned In The Original Recipe)
- 1 Refrigerated Pizza Tube (I Used Pillsburry Pizza Crust)
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese (I Used Part Skim Pizza Blend Cheese)
- Heat oven to 400F/200C for 15 minutes.
- In a glass bowl, combine asparagus, peepers, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Mix them well and here is how it looks:
- Cover and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring once in the middle. Let cool 5 minutes. Drain off excess liquid. (But I did not have any excess liquid)
- Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet and shape into a rectangle.
- Place half of cheese onto bottom third of dough along its length.
- Spread veegie filling onto cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Roll up to shape stromboli (into a log).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- I got around 23 pieces for this measurement. My husband and I loved it. A different twist to the regular pizza.
- This was a bit salty, so you may want to increase the amount of pepper if you want it spicy.
- I suggest to cool the baked Stromboli even for 10 minutes, so that slicing will not be difficult and you will also get neat slices.
This is my entry for Mansi’s Monthly Mingle originally started by Meeta.