Oven Roasted Cauliflower – South Indian Style
Cauliflower is my husband’s favorite vegetable, so I try to cook different dishes with it. Nupur’s Cauliflower Soup has become such a hit in my house, these days even my mother is asking me to make it quite often. While searching the net I came to know about oven roasted cauliflower and was so tempted to try it. There are 1001 recipes available throughout the net for roasted cauliflower and this is my version.
|Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe|
- 1 Big Cauliflower (Cut Into Medium Size Florets)
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sambar Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hing
- As Per Taste Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets and clean it by soaking in a mixture of warm water and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the other ingredients and whisk it.
- Now add the cauliflower florets little by little and toss it well to coat thoroughly with the mixture.
- Spread it evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Roast the cauliflower for 25 minutes, tossing it once around 15 minutes.
- To get a crispy texture, turn the oven switch to broil mode for 3-5 minutes, again tossing once in the middle. While doing this make sure that you keep the oven door open and keep your kids out of the kitchen.
- Using the same procedure you can experiment with different flavors like garam masala, curry powder or use a variety of herbs.
Share with your friends: