Pancakes/waffles have become a weekend staple in our house these days. So I keep trying a lot variations. One week I tried this pumpkin pancake recipe to use the canned pumpkin I had after making the pumpkin bread, pumpkin scones and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I used my eggless pancakes recipe as a base to make these vegan pumpkin pancakes and it turned out great. I also used fresh cranberries because it’s in season right now, which made the pancakes look great too.
|Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes || || |These moist vegan pumpkin pancakes studded with ruby red cranberries for breakfast will give a bright start for the day. Go ahead and use sweet potato puree if that’s all you have.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- flour – whole wheat pastry flour
- cinnamon – pumpkin pie spice
- almond milk – any non-dairy milk or dairy milk for non-vegans
- canned pumpkin – sweet potato puree, applesauce, mashed bananas
- coconut oil – any other oil
- cranberries – any fruit of your choice or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine together the dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl stir together the wet ingredients except for water.
- Incorporate the wet mix into the dry mix. Add some more water/milk to get the desired consistency. I used 2 tablespoons of water. Stir in the chopped cranberries if using. Leave it aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle/pan.
- When the pan is hot enough, scoop out 1/4th cup of batter and pour it on the pan. Wait until the batter is cooked and bubbles appear on the surface and then flip it over. Cook it for another 30 seconds the other side. Repeat it for rest of the batter.
- I used 3/4th cup of canned pumpkin and felt that the pancakes were too moist. So I have reduced it to 1/2 cup in the recipe.