I was searching for zucchini recipes and found this one in Food Network's site. It's by Paula Deen. The original recipe yields 2 loaves, so I scaled down the ingredients to 50% to bake 1 loaf and used bananas to make it eggless.
Eggless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|20 Mins||50 Mins||12 Slices|
Wondering what to do with zucchini? How about this moist and flavorful banana chocolate quick bread!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in Part 1 and sieve them.
- To this add the ingredients in Part 2.
- Combine ingredients in Part 3 in a blender/or cream it using an electric hand mixer. I used my magic bullet blender to blend it. Add this mixture to the above dry ingredients and mix it well. You may add a little milk, if you feel that the mixture requires some more liquid. I had to add a couple of tablespoons of milk because I increased the quantity of zucchini.
- Pour it in a greased bread loaf pan.
- Bake it at 350F for 50 min or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 30 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Wait for another 30-45 minutes before slicing the bread.
- This is similar to the carrot cake recipe, but uses zucchini and chocolate chips instead. Next time I will add both carrots and zucchinis.
- I feel that the Magic Bullet Blender is very versatile. I bought it 2 years back to puree steamed vegetables and fruits in small quantities for my infant son. But it does a lot more. The recipe booklet which comes along with the blender is also very useful. I have made muffins and soups as mentioned in the recipe book and it has come out very well also. Even in the above recipe I add all the ingredients in Part 3 in the blenders big jar and gave it a few pulses and it's ready within few minutes. I find it more easy than using an electric hand mixer.
- Use Vegan chocolate chips/carob chips to make this bread 100% vegan.
Try this recipe, click a pic and hashtag it #egglesscooking - Proudly showcase your creations on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
[…] you make otherwise in the recipe, the end product tastes the same. For example my carrot cake and zucchini bread tasted similar. It was definitely very good, but we need some change […]
Did you use ripe bananas or regular fresh bananas?
Ripe bananas are preferred because it can be mashed well.
My child is allergic to eggs and I found your site searching for recipes. I made your zucchini bread as I had a fresh one from our garden. I subbed raisin for the choco chips and added coconut. It is really good. I think I should have added a little milk as you suggested since the bread seems to be a little more dense than it should (almost too moist, like not done enough). However, the combo of raisins, pecans and coconut w/the banana and zucchini make this such a healthy treat. And, my daughter loves it! Thanks!!
You’re welcome Juniper. You can also add grated carrots to make it even more healthy.
So flipping delicious!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM Thank you thank you It’s in the oven now, and it’s wonderful with butter spread on top, or cream cheeze icing! (half a brick of plain cream cheeze mashed, add icing sugar to taste)
Awesome recipe.. I am always looking for eggless recipes.. I only wish I had seen this 15 mins ago as I already made a zuccini carrot bread with egg substitue and am sure it wont come this good
Mansi, zucchini is actually tasteless. You won’t taste it in the bread.
Laksh thank you very much. I’m glad that everybody in your family liked it.
I can attest to the taste. It was out of the world!! 🙂
that surely looks interesting..I’m wondering about the taste staring at your loaf:) nicely done Madhu!
thanks for visting my blog and reciprocation is infectious…we will continue to visit each other’s blog to to learn more and appreciate each other’s work. nice search for the eggless chocolate chip zucchini bread..looks appealing and well done.
Do give it a try, Akay
Your welcome Madhavi.
This looks awesome, great recipe. thanxx for sharing!!!!
That looks awesome – definitely on my to-do list 🙂
I’m flattered RedChillies.
Kudos to you Madhu for all these eggless recipes. I am a vegetarian and vegan when it comes to baking. I refer to your recipes whenver I am looking for creative ideas!
Delicious-looking bread, Madhuram. Nice pictures too.
I guess so SS. Lets arrange for a potluck and I would be more than happy to test my recipes on you and Smitha.
Welcome to my blog Kumudha. I see that you are a vegan, you can definitely try this recipe.
Thanks Nandita, Cham, Roma, Uma, Divya, Arundathi and Kamala. Actually you will not taste the zucchini at all, for those who are wondering how it will taste in a sweet bread recipe. It’s a nice way to sneak vegetables in for children. I also recently read that zucchinis can be mixed in brownie batter too.
this one is awesome madhu.want to have one slice
Zucchini in bread..looks delicious indeed!
unique combo. sounds yummy and looks simply fabulous. I love all your eggless recipes.
that looks fabulous! You can see how moist it is even in the photo! Lovely!
Unusual ingredients, looks delicious with veg and nuts 😉
Gosh Madhuram! You are becoming a professional!! The bread looks stunning.
Thats one of the healthiest Paula Dean recipes i have seen around…i love vegetables in cakes and muffins, so this is a perfect recipe for me 🙂
Eggless chocolate chip zucchini bread looks so delicious!
I would like to try this bread.
Very different set of ingredients ! Is it the distance that is preventing me from being your guinea pig 🙄