Delicious Chocolate Zucchini Muffins[/caption]Few days back I baked these chocolate zucchini banana muffins. I have always been a chocolate-zucchini combination fan. Zucchini makes any muffin or cake very moist but it’s even more better when paired with chocolate. My first experiment with this combination was this eggless chocolate zucchini cake. I was pleasantly surprised about how it turned out and ever since I have been baking a lot with zucchini.
Loved these vegan chocolate zucchini cupcakes, chocolate zucchini bread.
So whenever I get a chance I do try to bake that combination because it’s a winner with everybody. I had some overripe banana, one zucchini and was browsing for recipes and was happy to see that I can combine all of my favorite flavors in one recipe. That’s how this eggless chocolate zucchini banana muffin recipe was born.
Banana and chocolate make a very good pair too. My vegan chocolate banana cake and double chocolate banana muffins are good examples.
I thought why not combine these three and make a delicious chocolate zucchini and banana muffin recipe without eggs. I took inspiration from a couple of my recipes and came up with this no egg chocolate zucchini muffin recipe and the result was amazing!
These eggless chocolate zucchini muffins were rich, moist and yummy. Very easy to bake and great on taste too.
Chocolate Zucchini Banana Muffins Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|25 Mins||23 Mins||12 Muffins|
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (can use any other oil)
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients listed in Part 1.
- In another large bowl, sift together dry ingredients listed in Part 2 and make a well.
- Add the wet mix into the dry mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack for at least 5-10 minutes. Then take the muffins out of the pan and leave it on the cooling rack for it too cool completely.
- If the batter is too thick, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water or milk.
| Calories: 203|
Total Fat: 4.2g
Saturated fat: 2.0g
Unsaturated fat: 2.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 40.8g
| Sugars: 23.2g|
Dietary Fiber: 3.2g